Sunday, September 21, 2008

09/23/08: Westry Abbey Ridge Pinot Noir 2006


As a follow-up to my previous posting on our new Westry aquisitions for BONDA, here are my notes from the Abbey Ridge:

almost no nose, too young? Jim says "good table wine". slowly developing, little medicinal, with tight tannins.

If I recall, this was the 2nd Birthday Dinner for Jim (F-I-L) in Nantucket with Jamie, Kim, Court, Mellie (M-I-L). We decided to put the Abbey Ridge on hold, and went to the Oracle, then decided on opening a third wine (we were at home and not going anywhere). I didn't take any more notes on the Pinots, but we did enjoy them, however they are still too young for BONDA. One wine we did open was a Queen of Hearts Merlot that was a gift from the Cooper's neighbors. It looked very interesting as a small producer from Mendicino (I think). Unfortunately, it was corked!

No comments: