Wednesday, September 17, 2008

2004 Syzygy Columbia Valley Red Wine



This is my review for the BONDA wine list: From Walla Walla, Washington, this blend of Cab Sauvignon, Syrah, Merlot and Malbec is their third vintage, and I think their best. With a beautiful nose of Pacific Northwest red fruit and forrest floor, following on the tongue with slightly sweet hints of raspberry popsicle and alcohol that quickly burn off to reveal lush, richly developed dark fruit. A great Washington “starter” wine.

We sell it for 48 bucks, and it is one of my favorite wines on the list. I had a bottle the other night with a turkey meatloaf, paprika spiked mashed potatoes and my in-laws. Big gobs of Pacific Northwest fruit, medium tannins - simply divine. Still could use a few years in the bottle to tame the fruit, but pretty awesome now. I had the 2002 & '03 but didn't think they were "there" just yet. I am very jazzed this wine rocks so hard.

Jim said it is just the type of wine he likes to drink. I agree.

No comments: