Saturday, May 17, 2008

04.25.08 /2005 Cantina Tramin Blauburgunder Pinot Nero


Thank you Mateo from Pasta Nostra for turning me onto this wine! We went out with the Russells and I had chosen a wine with our main course, but didn't know where to start. Matt recommended this Italian Pinot from Alto Adige, and he knows what I like. Produced from a coop of local growers in Northern Italy, close to Germany, this wine is garnet in color, with a nice concentration of woodland berry fruits, but not really fruity - think ripe roasted plum with notes of soft cherry – with firm tannins, an elegant body and great finish. Easy to drink on its own; a great summer red with all types of food.

Matt was kind enough to tell me the importer and recommended I buy a case ASAP. He bought 14, and there was only one left for BONDA. They make a slamming Gerwurztraminer as well, which I think will be our summer house white.

The coolest aspect of this wine is that it has a glass enclosure!

No comments: