Friday, May 30, 2008

Two Whites BTG For BONDA

I hate it when I love a wine from a tasting, then am not so hot on it when I get the case and taste the first bottle. It's not that I do not really really like these wines, but I do not want to make love to them as much as I did when I first tasted them. It's like when you hook up with... well you get the idea.



Here are the write ups for the BONDA list. I really do like these wines, but I was so jazzed about them when I tasted samples, that I miss that first kiss.

MAXe Riesling
From Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, Germany, this off dry Riesling is just what the summer deserves. Sharp, tart flavors of green apple balances with a hint of refreshing sweet peach and a touch of viscocity. Great mouthfeel, with a lingering finish.

Terlaner
From Alto Adige, Italy, this bend of Sav Blanc, Pinot Blanc, and Chard is a refreshing alternative to Pinot Grigio. Bright flavors of citrus and white flowers add to the rich mouthfeel with a touch of acidity. Great balance to have as an aperitif of with food.

No comments: