Saturday, May 17, 2008

05.10.08 /2004 Rimu Grove Nelson Pinot Noir



Court and I ran into Liz Fath who invited us to her house for a drink. Her husband, John, gave me this bottle of New Zealand Pinot and asked me to drink it and give him my opinion. He has more wine than he can drink in his lifetime, 1000s of cases of bordeaux, burgundy, cult californians, rhones, etc.... and is the nicest guy, knows more about wine than anyone I know, and very generous. HE believes like me that wine is meant to be drunk!

The Pinot is better than I thought it would be. An interesting flavor of inflating water wings, or any sort of polyurathane inflatable device. That taste when you start to blow into it. I like that taste. Hints of fruit came out with bruised raspberry, and cherry oak. Very subtle, which I thought was surprising. Jamie liked it a bit more than me, and it would be great to do by the glass at BONDA, depending on the price.

This was the last wine I drank before Courtenay gave birth, just 5 hours after I finished the bottle.

No comments: