Wednesday, August 6, 2008

2003 Domaine Serene Chardonnay Cote Sud Vineyard



This Oregon Chard is one of our favorites that I have been saving for a couple of years. Not for anything in particular, but we burned through about 10 bottles in two years, and I wanted to see how it would age, considering it is oft compared to a Grand Cru Burgundy.

Court recognized the bottle when I pulled it out and got excited. I cracked the top, poured a little sip and was disappointed. Either it was a cooked bottle or the wine was past its prime. I'm hanging onto the hope that it was just an off bottle. I down played my disappointment, but Court recognized right away it wasn't what she expected and almost spit it out.

Cry cry, wah wah. I think we drank half of it anyway before opening something else.

No comments: