Tuesday, November 20, 2007

2002 Ruston Cuvee Simone


Yes, that is a half bottle. From Rob Mackin's porch sale, I was able to secure many an interesting bottle of vino with some nice age as well. This blend from Ruston is 50% Merlot, 25% Cab Franc, 16% Syrah, 9% Cab Sauvignon. An interesting blend that I thought I would like more.

To start off, it is way too cold. The case was on Rob's porch for a few days (not below 40 in CT) and in my living room for two days (not below 50) but still doesn't allow for proper tasting. The nose is a little muddled, the flavor is a little too rasiny with notes of Robitussin possibly? Also I am at the onset of a runny nose so maybe it is not the best time to taste and review wine? I will come back to it again - as I have a case to drink!

I did not review the 2004 Ruston Cab Sav we had last month because it was way far away from drinking properly. It was so tannic, that after it was decanted for and hour it still would skin your knee.

No comments: