Sunday, November 18, 2007

My Wine Cellars /Storage Places

I/m sure everyone is wondering, where do I keep all of my wine! Here are the pics for my many hiding spots. One of my chores this summer was turning my man zone into a wine cellar and tasting room, but that never happened. SEE below. Eventhough this pic is on it's side, you can tell it is a closet for wine. It is in my garage that is temp controlled at about 54 degrees. This is the first stop in storage for wines that are ready to be drunk. Right now I have about 150 wines in there that are the right age and can be consumed at any time. I jusr redid it yesterday to add 36 more wines I got a Rob Mackin's porch sale. I reorganized all whites, European wines, Pinot Noir and American blends.



This is my Indonesian wine chest in my living room that I have had since 1998. It is separate from the main part of our house, so I leave the heat on 50. It is usually pretty chilly unless we have guests over. It holds 30 or so wines and booze. These are showcase wines that can be drunk - ie. Sean Thackrey flight, my 3 Bordeauxs, inexpensive Rhones, etc...



This was the first part of my cellar buildout. I got the cheapest racking system and you get what you pay for. Even with the 15 wines here, it is a little flimsy. These are wines that can be drunk, but I probably should not because they are so good. The Lemelson came from this storage area. Also a couple of Quintarellis, my Denner Syrah, White Rose Pinot, etc... The temp is again low, but I will have to move these wines this winter as it tends to get around 65 or so because of the boiler in the unfinished part about 25 feet away.



This is the cave in my basement. It is the original 1710 oven and reaches back 6 or so feet. This was the original wine storage area until my collection grew. It holds about 130 wines that cannot be drunk anytime soon. I store all the wines I want to age here, and it sometimes get raided, but most of the wines you cannot drink b/c they are too young! The temp is always 55 or so and the wines always come out at the perfect temp!

No comments: