Tuesday, January 29, 2008

2003 Ruston Semillon Juliana Vineyard



My wife will be the guest blogger tonight. Take it away Court.

As I sat in the kitchen taking a deep breath after an anxiety ridden day of concerns about my health and a few scratches on my car I was relieved when I looked across the counter to find a newly opened bottle of 2003 Ruston, Semillon from the Juliana vineyard. It is hard when you are six months pregnant and you know you can only enjoy a glass at most, nonetheless I was jubilant at the notion of a clean and smooth glass of wine, even if it was only going to be one.

With a floral nose of underlying hints of caramel the taste on my lips was similar, only to be surpassed by strong notes of white chocolate and dried apricot on the palette. The medium bodied Ruston was simple in its complexity, even in its tones. It was as though there was a precise distribution of flavors that lent to a harmoniously mellow wine. It certainly transcended my mind to this mellow state. Too bad I can't have another...I think the little man in my belly liked it too!

No comments: