Friday, December 7, 2007

2005 St. Innocent Cuvee Village


There is something awesome about opening a $20 bottle of Pinot Noir and being amazed at the quality and sheer enjoyment from drinking it. I bought six bottles of this wine and was unimpressed when I opened the first in June. OK, but nothing special. It is their introductory wine - first year I have tried it so no big deal. I love St. Innocent's single vineyard bottlings, and their 2003 White Rose Pinot Noir is highly prized in my Oregon Pinot line up.

But after six months, this wine has taken on a whole new profile. Right off the bat, a bit muddled on the nose, but on the palate! Notes of soft cloves with roasted plum and a little funky canteloup rind, bitter almonds, and hints of lavender. I regret drinking four bottles, but I'll save the last for a special night.

No comments: