Tuesday, April 1, 2008

03.22.08 /Radio-Coteau Pinot Noir 2005

Unfortunately, I did not take very accurate notes, nor a picture when I tried this wine. It is the entry level single vineyard Radio Coteau, of which they make 1740 cases - I did not write down the site, and do not have any more of this wine :(. Jamie gave me a handful of single vineyard Pinots for Xmas, and this was the first I tried, eventhough I should have waited. A Cali Pinot like this needs a little more time in bottle to calm the sweetness, alcohol and oak.

Super fruit forward with hint of rich cedar oak. Full bodied, with cherry notes on the nose. Berrylicious flavors with dark alcohol, but a little hot. Good fruit with a long finish.

The next one I open (which will be in the fall) I will take more detailed notes!

No comments: