Friday, February 8, 2008

02.06.08 / 2005 Godolphin by Ben Glaetzer


Jamie and I have been sitting on this wine for awhile, waiting for the perfect time to drink it. I had been resisting buying a case, but I heard such great things about this wine, that I had to buy a six pack. We will sell it for $92, and it is well worth it. I was not a fan of Australian Shiraz until about 4 years back when I had a 2000 Henry's Drive Reserve. I have had many fantastic Shirazs and many mediocre Shirazs. The Godolhpin is not mediocre. 80% Shiraz and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon. Delicate, bold, delicious!

Cooper says, OK Daddy, if you like it, but I'll keep my formula.

Big and fleshy, with notes of oak that don't over power the fruit. Flavors of dark chocolate and mocha, super smooth, with mild tannins. It just kept getting better, and probably could have used some time in the decanter.

No comments: