Friday, February 8, 2008

02.07.08 / 2004 Dom. Des Champs Vignons Chinon

I went into NYC for three meetings yesterday and took the train back to Westport to see Jamie @ BONDA. I had a very finite time, as Courtenay was on her way to pick me up, so I opened one of the wines I bought from Mackin, the 2004 Dom. Des Champs Vignons Chinon. A village level Chinon that was posted and he was looking to unload for a great price.

We had it as the 12th wine or in the tasting, and both agreed that it was a powerful, yet elegant wine. Below is my write up for the wine list. We are selling it by the glass at $9 a pop.

From Chinon, France this wines is stinky on the nose and mellow on the palate. Featuring whafts of charcoal, soil and leather, muted fruit with medium tannins, and a lingering finish. For those who like a real vigneron produced wine of the earth. Great pair with Bacon!

No comments: