Friday, July 25, 2008

2004 Poggio Trevalle Larcille


This is the new vintage of my favorite wine from Morellino di Scansano, a Coastal region in Tuscany. To pair, my wife envisioned a Tuscan Style pasta with roasted cauliflower, garlic, onions and tomato. The 2003 Larcille is one of my favorite Italian wines for everyday drinking.

The nose on the 2004 is closed, with elderberry, fennel, violet and notes of alcohol. Also closed up on the palate, with black licorice, anise, and cough syrup dominating. Mild tannins, but great structure and a bit dry. Will revisit in a 1/2 hour or so. Very jazzed to put this wine on the BONDA list for next week. Our Italian selection has been neglected over the warm weather.

I took the bottle from Jamie's cellar about 2 hours ago, but it is a little warm. Either my kitchen is too hot, or we need to adjust the temp in the cellar.

No comments: