Monday, October 22, 2007

09.29 1993 Fontalloro, 1998 Quintarelli Valpolicella

The 1993 Fontalloro 100% Sangiovese was brought from Kevin's cellar to open New Year's Eve 2006. We did not get around to opening it, and Jamie said that this wine would be complimented by a simple pasta, or piece of meat.

My cooking style is not traditional, as I favor the more exotic, however my wife loves italian dishes and I am constantly looking for simple yet challenging pasta and risotto dishes that fit into her limited diet.

I found a Sunday Gravy recipe in Saveur and thought I should try it out. Two days to make with three types of pork (I omitted the lamb chops as Court and Rebecca do not eat the babies). It turned out pretty good and was a good match for the Super Tuscan - which was awesome.

I countered with a 1998 Quintarelli Valpolicella which was inky, smoky, full bodied and a real winner.

No comments: