Monday, October 22, 2007

10.16 TNS 2005 Rhone Tasting


Looking at my last posts, all you would think I drink are Itals! There was a monthly tradition started by the Fountainhead guys and their friends about seven or eight years back called TNS - Tuesday Night Sappers. Jamie and I joined about 5 years ago and hosted at BONDA - cooking up sausages that Mark would get from Philly, broccoli rabe, peppers and onions, etc... Good grub and fantastic wines. About 10 - 15 of us, all into wine or in the industry.

Last Tuesday was the first TNS in a little over a year and we featured 2005 Chateaunuf-de-Papes and Southern Rhones. About 12 people showed, with four or five newbies as most of the old timers dropped out at the last minute. Mark organized it in Fat Cat Joe - the coffee house adjacent to the Fat Cat Pizza Pie company - since Jamie was busy and didn't want to attend, plus I did not want the responsibiliy at the restuarant by myself.

It was a fun crowd, however the wines pretty much all sucked. Unfortunately I cannot find my notes, but I will look for them to add to this post. 11 wines in total - the Vieux de Telegraph, which is always one of my favorites, was corked. Will fill you in on the rest once I find the notes. Hopefully they are not in the wash!

No comments: